CITY COUNCIL AND CLEVELANDERS FOR PUBLIC COMMENT PRESS CONFERENCE AT 12:30 PM PM ON MONDAY, APRIL 12 AT CLEVELAND CITY HALL
WHAT: Cleveland City Council members who plan to introduce legislation drafted by Clevelanders for Public Comment will hold a press conference with the grass roots group. The legislation will finally give residents an opportunity to address the full Council and Council committees at public meetings without filters or gatekeepers.
WHO: Council members — Kerry McCormack, Ward 3; Basheer Jones, Ward 7; Jasmin Santana, Ward 14; Jenny Spencer, Ward 15; Brian Kazy, Ward 16; and Charles Slife, Ward 17, who are amongst the newer members of Council, will co-host the press conference with Clevelanders for Public Comment and will formally announce their support of the proposed legislation.
WHERE: Outside the front doors of Cleveland City Hall (601 Lakeside Avenue)
WHEN: Monday, April 12, 2021, 12:30 PM
WHY: Having this press conference outside the closed doors of City Hall drives home our point. Residents should be invited to participate in our City government, and public comment is an important, basic, and cost-free way to do that. We are here to open the doors to greater civic involvement, especially with $541 million coming to Cleveland in COVID recovering funding.
Clevelanders for Public Comment and Council co-sponsors are asking for quick action on the public comment ordinance following the comprehensive research and analysis conducted in advance of crafting the legislation. A synthesis of the full research and detailed explainer can be found here: https://cle4publiccomment.com/proposed-ordinance-analysis-and-explanation/.
Clevelanders for Public Comment
- Jessica Trivisonno; 330-322-2284
- Michelle B. Jackson; 216-496-0086
- Kerry McCormack, Ward 3; firstname.lastname@example.org; 216-664-2691
- Basheer Jones, Ward 7; email@example.com; 216-664-2908
- Jasmin Santana, Ward 14; firstname.lastname@example.org; 216-664-4238
- Jenny Spencer, Ward 15; email@example.com; 216-664-4235
- Brian Kazy, Ward 16; firstname.lastname@example.org; 216-664-2942
- Charles Slife, Ward 17, email@example.com; 216-664-4239